Friday, April 24, 2015

Printmaking



Printmaking is a technique that is used to create the most amazing pieces of art. There are so many different ways that one can do printmaking. Here are some resources for some ideas. 
For my printmaking I used a combination of techniques. For my first one I used plastic wrap and a paper towel, the end of the paper towel roll and a plastic bag. For the background I wrapped the plastic wrap around the tube and rolled the paint on the paper. Then I used the end of the tube to stamp circles on the paper as well. Then I finished the piece with using a plastic bag to print the snow flakes. I loved my final piece and how the techniques all came together in one cohesive artwork. 



The second technique I used was not as complex, but still resulted in a beautiful piece of art. I had some cardboard from a box and I cut it into squares. Then I stripped the one side of the cardboard to expose the lines in the inside. I then used that as my printmaking tool. I mixed a variety of colors and stamped then on the paper using different angles to create a different look and texture. 

This project can be a little messy and does need a little bit of clean up. Also if you are doing this project with young children I would use a different printmaking technique. I had a difficult time holding onto the cardboard square. I would probably use the potato trick and just help them cut the designs or use legos. Each will still create a beautiful and fun piece of art. 





No comments:

Post a Comment