Friday, April 24, 2015

100 Color Challeng


The ability to create many different colors is a great skill for any artist to have. This is a project that will test your ability to not only create a variety of beautiful colors, but also challenge your patience and cooperation with others. For this project students will work with a partner and use watercolors and tempera paint to create 100 different colors. They will do 50 colors using watercolors and 50 using tempera paint.

When I did this project, I did it with my husband and boy was it a challenge. We did not have a system set up with how we were going to do this together so a lot of our colors were really close to each other. If I were to do this again I would have one of us be in charge of water colors and the other in charge of tempera paint. This would help us prevent making the same color.

This was a really good experience and I know for me it helped me to realize what colors were complimentary colors and to see what colors I could add and create an entirely different color. This art project sure does hold up it's name as a challenge, but it was a great learning experience and it helped me to start develop skills that will help me as an artist.



No comments:

Post a Comment