Thursday, April 23, 2015

Hand Print Mask



When I was researching different mask making techniques I wanted to find a method that was cheap and would be easy to do with all ages. I also wanted to use a method that I could do with the supplies that I already had.) With this technique students would trace their hands, I did six, and arrange them in any way that they want.

With my mask I also drew a paper mask to help it look the way that I wanted it to. I used a Popsicle stick for a handle for the students to place them up to their faces. There is so much that students can do with this. They can create different animals by adding additional paper or details. If I were to teach this in an elementary setting, I would adapt it and have the students add more detail to the mask. I would have the students trace their hands and let their creativity soar. I would let them decide how many hands they wanted to use and what they want to create out of their mask.


I would provide all of the supplies that they needed and await what the students come up with. This would be a fun activity to do with animals and see what different animals students could create with their hand prints.


No comments:

Post a Comment