Thursday, February 12, 2015

Mandala



The word Mandala comes from the Indian language of Sanskrit and is translated as “circle.” This is more than just a simple shape. There is no same Mandala because each one is unique and special in its own way. Each symbol that is used in the Mandala represents something significant. 
This would be a great activity to do with your students at the beginning of the school year to help everyone to get to know each other. Have the students create symbols that represent who they are or helps to represent them. Then after the students have completed their drawings, have each student get up in front of the class and present their Mandala. 
Here is mine!!! 
The symbols that I chose is a baseball diamond, snake skin pattern, infinity sign, a flower, ocean waves, music staff and “crochet loops”. Each of these represents my love for baseball, my fear of snakes, my never ended persistence in all that I do, my love for the outdoors, my love for the ocean, my love for music and my hobby of crocheting.  I chose the colors blue, green, yellow, pink, and red. These represent peace, love of nature, happiness, love and strength. 

To start out making my Mandala, I had to think of different symbols that represented me. Once I had this done, I made a few sketches that had the symbols I chose to use. Once I decided on a sketch I started on my final project. This project turned out just like I had planned and it is one of my favorite art projects I have done so far.











No comments:

Post a Comment