Thursday, February 12, 2015

Foil Square



This is an easy and beautiful art project that would not cost a lot of money. This is a great project for students to experiment with textures. Students will pick an image and use string, glue, or any objects they can to create the basic outline of the image on a piece of card board. Then they glue aluminum foil down on the cardboard and then add the details of image on the foil. Then they will add shoe polish, tempera-paint, or markers to really make them pop. Wipe the foil clean and your master piece is ready for display.

When I was doing this project I had some issues with the shoe polish not sticking. I made my lines and textures, and wiped the shoe polish onto the foil and let it dry for a few minutes. When I wiped it off, the shoe polish did not stick in the lines that I made. I discovered that I should have made the lines deeper, and the longer you let the shoe polish dry, the better. I also found that when you are trying to do the outline of your organice object, use hot gule. It works a lot better than elmers glue and string does not hold its shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment